The Safe Work and Return to Work Awards are back. Only a few weeks to make your nomination.
WorkSafe Queensland has announced that the Safe Work and Return to Work Awards are open for nominations until June 20, 2021.
This initiative is set to celebrate leadership and innovation in work health and safety, electrical safety and return to work.
This is your opportunity to be recognised and celebrate your success story.
WorkSafe Queensland would like to hear from businesses and individuals who have shown innovation and strong leadership in work health and safety, electrical safety and return to work throughout 2019 and 2020.
Finalists could win up to $2000 per category and have a short film produced about their entry.
WorkSafe Queensland will be accepting entries for initiatives from 2019 and 2020 and there is a new special category to recognise the enormous challenges that businesses have faced in the last 12 months in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What’s new in 2021
WorkSafe Queensland has made a few changes to make entering easier and more accessible:
• A special category has been added this year to recognise the challenges of responding to COVID-19: Category 12 – Best response to the COVID-19 pandemic in work health and safety
• You can now enter directly into category six – Best demonstrated healthy and safe work design. You can check out 2019’s finalists in this category for inspiration on entering.
This year there is a clearer path to get your entry nominated for a leadership award. Pay close attention to the specific criteria that judges will assess when considering your entry for a leadership category.
Categories for this year are:
• Category 1 – Best solution to an identified health and safety issue
• Category 2 – Best individual contribution to work health and safety
• Category 3 – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
• Category 4 – Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
• Category 5 – Best commitment to work health and wellbeing
• Category 6 – Best demonstrated healthy and safe work design – Open for direct entry
• Category 7 – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety (closed)
• Category 8 – Injured worker achievement award (serious injury and return to work)
• Category 9 – Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
• Category 10 – Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
• Category 11 – Best demonstrated leadership in return to work (closed)
• Category 12 – Best response to the COVID-19 pandemic in work health and safety.
Details of award categories, including eligibility guidelines and assessment criteria, as well as everything you need to nominate yourself or someone else, are at worksafe.qld.gov.au