Position: Area Supervisor – Arboriculture Services
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
• $63,217 – $67,317 per annum
• Plus up to 12% Council Superannuation Contribution (Local Government Conditions apply to superannuation)
The focus of the position is to plan, coordinate and control teams to deliver Parks & Open Spaces tree maintenance, tree planting programs and to maintain and enhance the environment of our Parks, Gardens and Open Spaces, Cemeteries, Reserves, Beaches and Foreshores and Streetscape. In this position you will have commuter use of a Council vehicle and be entitled to a Rostered Day Off every two weeks.
1. A minimum Diploma Level qualification in Arboriculture required. Appropriate licences, certificates and in other relevant qualification in relation to General Horticulture is advantageous.
2. Demonstrated experience in assessment of trees and preparation of reports associated with inspections.
3. Demonstrated experience and developed specialist knowledge in the execution of Parks arboriculture maintenance and improvement programs within time, cost and quality constraints – with responsibility for setting priorities, planning and organising own work and that of fellow staff, subordinate staff and contractors.
4. Demonstrated significant experience as a team leader with the ability to motivate and encourage staff.
5. Well-developed interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external parties.
6. Demonstrated sound knowledge in the application of Council work practices, policies, procedures and guidelines, including Workplace Health and Safety, Environmental Management and Traffic Control.
7. Provision of a satisfactory Criminal History Check – Police Certificate (Australia wide – name only)
For further information in regards to this position, please contact Carl Moller, Coordinator Botanic and Arboriculture Services, on 1300 883 699.
To apply, please email your application, quoting vacancy reference number PN1055 and your name in the subject line, then email to [email protected]
Please be sure to include in your email:
• Cover letter
• Selection Criteria responses demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this role. (Please use no more than 150 words per selection criteria response)
Applications close Midnight Friday 17 August 2018.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Bundaberg Regional Council is a alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer