Prepare yourself for the winter months.
Winter is coming and this is commonly when people suffer from colds and flus. We can’t afford time off work, we have to continue to look after the kids and we don’t want to give up our exercise regime and social activities. So the bottom line is we don’t have time to get sick! Prevention is the answer and there are things you can be doing this season to prepare your immune system.
Chiropractic care has been proven to help boost your immune function. In fact, one study suggested that chiropractic patients have 200 per cent greater immune competence than those who do not receive chiropractic care. The nervous system and the immune system work together to create optimal responses for the body to adapt and heal appropriately. Studies have demonstrated that neck and mid-back adjustments by a chiropractor may elicit a response that activates certain immune cells within the body to help fight these germs.
We can’t afford time off work, we have to continue to look after the kids and we don’t want to give up our exercise regime and social activities.
Use These Five Tips To Boost Your Immune System This Season:
- A probiotic works to balance your good bacteria in your digestive tract where up to 80 per cent of your immune system is held. Making sure this is properly balanced allows your immune system to work at optimal
- Keep well hydrated – especially in the colder weather we are less likely to drink water. Keeping hydrated decreases stress and allows your body to be functioning more optimally
- Reduce your dairy, carbohydrate and refined sugar intake. These can be inflammatory in your body and possibly put stress on your immune system
- Regular exercise is important for balancing the immune system. Even incorporating a 30-minute walk four to five times a week has a massive impact on your health
- Utilise natural strategies to support your immune system rather than just blocking the symptoms. Use things like lemon and garlic and olive leaf extract versus going straight to a decongestant or cough suppressant